Friday, June 29, 2012

06/13/2012

   Today, we read about Haloa, sang mele kino, took a test, and learned about na helu. In the beginning,  we brought out the lauhala mats and everyone sat in a circle. We took turns reading about Haloa. Whoever read had to read in both english and Hawaiian. Then, we learned Mele Kino. It's like head, shoulders, knees, and toes. Then, we took a test on our na ninau 'elima. We had to go outside with kumu and he asked us the questions. We had to answer in 'olelo Hawai'i. It was hard for me because I couldn't memorize it good. Ha Helu is the numbers. Today, we learned all the way up to one hundred. So, after, we got in a circle and we went in a circle saying the number that comes next to see how long it took us. We took so forever. It took us nine minutes and forty seconds. So, if we keep practicing we could do it faster. It's pretty hard. For me, it's easy in the beginning up to nineteen, but then I get lost in the twenty's. But after the twenties it's all good. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I need to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment